Are you looking for the best London quotes and captions to show off your amazing holiday pictures from the United Kingdom on Instagram? If so, you have come to the right place!
Being a destination with a millennia of history and a myriad of iconic touristic sights, it is no surprise that London is one of the most popular cities in the world. Boasting landmarks such as Big Ben, London Eye, and the Buckingham Palace, this city of red double decker buses and telephone booths has been highlighted in various books, poems, songs, and movies.
Whether you are interested in short London captions, funny sayings about London weather, hilarious London puns, or simply a way to describe the feeling of being there, I have got you covered. In this article, you will find over 135 best quotes related to all things London. Read on to find the perfect caption for you and get posting!
Disclaimer: This post contains affiliate links. If you make a purchase using any of those links, I may get a small commission. Thank you for your continued support!
Short London Captions for Instagram
Many of the memorable Instagram captions are often short, catchy, and on-point. If you want to describe the feeling of being in London in just a few words, then these short captions about London are apt to make an impression.
1. “London is my therapy.”
2. “From London with love.”
3. “Falling hard for London.”
4. “London mode: on.”
5. “Living like the royals.”
6. “London, you have my heart.”
7. “Left my heart in London.”
8. “Live. Love. London.”
9. “London made me do it.”
10. “Girl Gone London.”
11. “London fundon!”
12. “Serving looks from London.”
13. “London is always a good idea.”
14. “There will always be London.”
15. “London is the place for me.”
16. “One belongs to London instantly.”
17. “London is not a city, it’s a person.”
18. “London is a world in itself.”
19. “I wish London wasn’t so far away.”
20. “London is calling, so I must go.”
21. “Keep calm and go to London.”
22. “It’s always pub o’clock in London.”
23. “London will always be on my mind.”
24. “Wear your crown and go to London.”
25. “The more fish and chips, the merrier.”
26. “Afternoon tea in London, pinkies up!”
27. “Tea is always a good idea.”
28. “London: I am in love.”
29. “London girls have more fun.”
Best London Travel Captions for Instagram
In case you are particularly looking for travel related captions, these one-liners about London landmarks will accompany your London pictures seamlessly. I always have a hard time choosing a favourite amongst these!
30. “Living a posh life in Kensington.”
31. “Feeling like a Queen in London.”
32. “Finding myself in Hyde Park.”
33. “Studying abroad at Hogwarts.”
34. “Driving the DLR to Greenwich, no big deal.”
35. “Just strolling along the River Thames.”
36. “On top of the world in London.”
37. “Getting my vintage on in Camden Town.”
38. “Searching for ravens at the Tower of London.”
39. “Finding Mary Poppins in London town.”
40. “Pick me up in a double decker bus.”
41. “Embracing my inner royal and shopping at Harrods.”
42. “Lost in a sea of clothes at Primark.”
43. “There’s no time to be bored in London.”
44. “Spinning round and round in Piccadilly Circus.”
45. “Looking for the Queen in London Town.”
46. “Up in the clouds, on my way to London.”
47. “Relationship status: crushing on Big Ben.”
48. “Last seen: Strolling around Oxford Street.”
49. “Last seen: Window shopping around Bond Street.”
50. “Sitting on Primrose Hill without a care in the world.”
51. “If you need me, I’ll be on the Piccadilly line.”
Inspiring Captions about London
Are you looking to describe how wonderful spending some time in London can feel like? If yes, these captions about London are perfect to convey that feeling and inspire other to book a trip to the British capital.
52. “Doing this sweet thing called traveling to London.”
53. “All you need is love and a vacation in London.”
54. “When in doubt, follow your heart to London.”
55. “London on a sunny day is my idea of heaven.”
56. “From now on, sweet dreams are made of scones and sight-seeing in London.”
57. “A bad day in London is still better than a good day anywhere else.”
58. “Money can’t buy you happiness, but it can buy you a ticket to London.”
59. “Oh darling, why don’t we just stay in London.”
60. “Hello London, your lights are fireflies in my heart.”
61. “There’s no time to be bored in a city as beautiful as this.”
62. “When it’s three o clock in New York, it’s still 1938 in London.”
63. “If you need me, you’ll find me in Borough Market stuffing my face with delicious food. PS: don’t need me.”
64. “Stepping off the plane in London is the greatest relief.”
65. “Fish and chips, the River Thames, and Big Ben. My life is complete.”
66. “Visit the city of London, and find yourself at the top of the world.”
Short London Quotes for Instagram
Being a destination that is known and loved globally, the city of London has impacted travellers from all corners of the world. Here are some short quotes about London that stand out from the rest and make for a dreamy Instagram caption.
67. “If you’re curious, London’s an amazing place.” – David Bailey
68. “The parks be the lungs of London.” – Charles Dickens
69. “London, baby!” – Joey, Friends
70. “Mind the gap.” – London Underground
71. “Take me back to London.” – Ed Sheeran
72. “Tea is the elixir of life.” – Eisai
73. “London is a glorious mess.” – James Geary
74. “Living the dream like a London Queen.” – Charli XCX
75. “The Thames is liquid history.” – John Burns
76. “London is a bad habit one hates to lose.” – William Sansom
77. “London is like a cold dark dream sometimes.” – Jean Rhys
78. “To walk alone in London is the greatest rest.” – Virginia Woolf
79. “London is a modern Babylon.” – Benjamin Disraeli
80. “London is lovable in its sprawling confusion.” – Joseph Fort Newton
81. “Signing this postcard from London with love.” – Unknown
82. “London is a roost for every bird.” – Benjamin Disraeli
83. “New York has a great energy, but London is better.” – Jaime Winstone
84. “I think London is sexy because it’s so full of eccentrics.” – Rachel Weisz
85. “London is the clearing-house of the world.” – Joseph Chamberlain
86. “There’s only one London. That’s it. We are what we are.” – Craig Taylor
87. “He dreamed of London and of a life that mattered.” – J.K. Rowling
88. “London is the epitome of our times, and the Rome of today.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson
Best London Travel Quotes for Instagram
If you want to take it a notch further, these travel quotes about London specifically depict what a wonderful destination it is to visit in Europe.
89. “There’s nowhere else like London. Nothing at all, anywhere.” – Vivienne Westwood
90. “I travel continuously, and I see many cities, but there is nowhere like London.” – Norman Foster
91. “The interesting thing about London is that there are always stylish surprises around every corner.” – Natalie Massenet
92. “I came to London. It had become the centre of my world and I had worked hard to come to it. And I was lost.” – V. S. Naipaul
93. “Aesthetically, London is just beautiful; it’s a gorgeous city. The architecture, monuments, the parks, the small streets – it’s an incredible place to be.” – Sara Bareilles
94. “I went to London because, for me, it was the home of literature. I went there because of Dickens and Shakespeare.” – Ben Okri
95. “London isn’t a stodgy place. Trend-setting London is to the United Kingdom what New York City is to the United States: the spot where everything happens first.” – Donald Olson
96. “My Dad says that being a Londoner has nothing to do with where you’re born. He says that there are people who get off a jumbo jet at Heathrow, go through immigration waving any kind of passport, hop on the tube and by the time the train’s pulled into Piccadilly Circus they’ve become a Londoner.” – Ben Aaronovitch
97. “Why, Sir, you find no man, at all intellectual, who is willing to leave London. No, Sir, when a man is tired of London, he is tired of life; for there is in London all that life can afford.” – Samuel Johnson
98. “There is always a romance that we leave behind in London, and always London unlocks that flower for us and keeps it fresh so that when we come back we have our romance again.” – Stella Benson
99. “For me the most wonderful culmination was the amazing pre-eminence of St Paul’s Cathedral, a perspective that had not been seen before.” – Ms. Barfield
Inspiring Quotes about London Culture and Spirit
In case you are in mood for something more inspirational, these quotes about the diverse culture of London and its spirit are uplifting and motivational.
100. “In London, everyone is different, and that means anyone can fit in.” – Paddington Bear
101. “I’ve been walking about London for the last 30 years, and I find something fresh in it every day.” – Walter Besant
102. “London is a cluster of communities, great and small, famous and unsung; a city of contrasts, a congregation of diversity.” – Roy Porter
103. “London is a world by itself. We daily discover in it more new countries, and surprising singularities, than in all the universe besides.” – Thomas Brown
104. “In this city 300 languages are spoken and the people that speak them live side by side in harmony. This city typifies what I believe is the future of the human race and a future where we grow together and we share and we learn from each other.” – Ken Livingstone
105. “I have often amused myself with thinking how different a place London is to different people.” – James Boswell
106. “London’s greatest strength is our diversity, and it’s wonderful to see Londoners celebrating our capital’s different traditions, determined to stand up to division.” – Sadiq Khan
107. “By seeing London, I have seen as much of life as the world can show.” – Samuel Johnson
108. “I like the spirit of this great London which I feel around me.” – Charlotte Brontë
109. “It is not the walls that make the city, but the people who live within them. The walls of London may be battered, but the spirit of the Londoner stands resolute and undismayed.” – King George VI
110. “All my life, I’ve wanted to see London. I wanted to see London the way old people want to see the home before they die.” – Helene Hanff
111. “London is not a city, London is a person. Tower Bridge talks to you; National Gallery reads a poem for you; Hyde Park dances with you; Palace of Westminster plays the piano; Big Ben and St Paul’s Cathedral sing an opera! London is not a city; it is a talented artist who is ready to contact you directly!” – Mehmet Murat Ildan
Meaningful London Quotes
For something more thought-provoking, expressive and engaging instead, here are some London quotes that are great conversation starters. Just pick your favourite and share on your chosen platform for a moving post.
112. “The man who can dominate a London dinner-table can dominate the world.” – Oscar Wilde
113. “When exploring London, you will come across lots of excitement by chance, so try to take everything in rather than just rushing around to all of the major tourist haunts.” – Richard Branson
114. “The streets of London have their map, but our passions are uncharted. What are you going to meet if you turn this corner?” – Virginia Woolf
115. “The English language is like London: proudly barbaric yet deeply civilised, too common yet royal, vulgar yet processional, sacred yet profane.” – Stephen Fry
116. “London has now become almost like a gigantic frog! With its long tongue it draws curious insects from all over the world inside itself!” – Mehmet Murat Ildan
117. “London opens to you like a novel itself… It is divided into chapters, the chapters into scenes, the scenes into sentences; it opens to you like a series of rooms, doors and passages. Mayfair to Piccadilly to Soho to the Strand.” – Anna Quindlen
118. “It is difficult to speak adequately or justly of London. It is not a pleasant place; it is not agreeable, or cheerful, or easy, or exempt from reproach. It is only magnificent.” – Henry James
119. “Fragmentarily the City is nothing, but collectively it is gigantic…” – Charlotte Riddell
120. “The vibe of London as a city is captivating. It’s both fast-paced and extremely rushed but still has the calmness that would attract any big-city person.” – Ali Fazal
121. “Sir, if you wish to have a just notion of the magnitude of this city, you must not be satisfied with seeing its great streets and squares, but must survey the innumerable little lanes and courts. It is not in the showy evolutions of buildings, but in the multiplicity of human habitations which are crowded together, that the wonderful immensity of London consists.” – Samuel Johnson
122. “I like walking around London at night, I do it all the time. Not for no reason, just cos it’s home, innit? It’s brilliant, you can’t ever get bored of London cos even if you live here for like a hundred and fifty years you still won’t ever know everything about it.” – Richard Rider
123. “There are two places in the world where men can most effectively disappear – the city of London and the South Seas.” – Herman Melville
124. “One of the things I most liked about the city – apart from all its obvious attractions – the theatre, the galleries, the exhilarating walks by the river – was that so few people ever asked you personal questions.” – Julia Gregson
125. “The best bribe which London offers to-day to the imagination is that in such a vast variety of people and conditions, one can believe there is room for persons of romantic character to exist, and that the poet, the mystic, and the hero may hope to confront their counterparts.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson
126. “In many ways, London is like a great big pinata, and everyone who lives here is like an excited, blindfolded child with a heart full of hope and a big flailing stick. Aim that stick right and London will split at the seams like a ruptured spleen, showering you with the most extraordinary places to visit, places like you won’t find anywhere else in the world. Get it wrong and the chances are you’ll lose your footing and end up in a frustrated, eyeless heap.” – Paul Carr
Funny London Quotes and Captions
It is now time for some light-hearted and funny captions about London. Whether you have spent a lot of time in the British capital or just been there for a few days, I am certain you will find some of the below mentioned quotes and captions hilarious enough to share.
127. “A person who is tired of London is not necessarily tired of life; it might be that he just can’t find a parking place.” – Paul Theroux
128. “Nothing is certain in London but expense.” – William Shenstone
129. “How can you ever be late for anything in London? They have a huge clock right in the middle of the town.” – Jimmy Kimmel
130. “Take a perfect day, add six hours of rain and fog, and you have instant London.”
131. “Stopping abruptly in central London is a heinous crime, and immediately gives the people around you permission to kick you.” – Beth O’Leary
132. “I’m leaving because the weather is too good. I hate London when it’s not raining.” – Groucho Marx
133. “London is too full of fogs and serious people. Whether the fogs produce the serious people, or whether the serious people produce the fogs, I don’t know.” – Oscar Wilde
134. “In London, we don’t give a toss who you are. The taxman might though.”
135. “Look, a clock. We don’t have that in America.” – Ron Swanson
136. “Wet weather in London, but when was it anything else?” – Cassandra Clare
137. “You know what New York City said to London when it was his turn? Europe.”
138. “You will recognise, my boy, the first sign of old age: it is when you go out into the streets of London and realise for the first time how young the policemen look.” – Sir Seymour Hicks
139. “The British never seem to do anything until they’ve had a cup of tea, by which time they’re late.” – Lauren Bacall
140. “Everything in London is quite good, apart from the weather: it’s cold and rainy there, and the winter is long.” – Sayed Kashua
141. “If you go into an underground train in London – probably anywhere, but chiefly in London – there’s that sense of almost entering a ghostly dimension. People are very still and quiet; they don’t exchange many pleasantries.” – Seamus Heaney
Best London Eye Quotes and Captions
Since no trip to London is complete without taking a picture or two with the London Eye, here are some of the best London Eye quotes and captions for you.
142. “Sky-high in the London Eye.”
143. “On top of the sky in the London Eye.”
144. “If you need me, I’ll be at the top of the London eye.”
145. “The feeling is majestic when you are at the top of London and kissing your valentine.”
146. “Dear London Eye, thanks a lot for teaching; what goes around indeed finds its way to come around again.”
147. “Maybe someday I will find the guy with whom I want to get stuck at the top of the London Eye.”
148. “How to relish our lives’ ups and downs is something that the London Eye can teach every soul.”
149. “Our life is very similar to the London Eye; we need to overcome our fears for enjoying the mesmerizing view.”
150. “If you need me, find me near to the sky, at the highest seat of the London Eye.”
151. “I love you to the top of the London Eye and back.”
152. “The observation wheel gives Londoners and visitors another way to appreciate the capital and being by the river really enhances this experience.” – Julia Barfield
153. “The best thing about the London Eye is the journey. It’s not like the Eiffel tower, where you get in a dark lift and come out on to a platform at the top. The trip round is as important as the view.” – Julia Barfield
Hilarious London Eye Puns for Instagram
Are puns more of your thing? If yes, below you will find some of my favourite puns about the London Eye that will make for a witty and likeable Instagram caption for your London Eye pictures.
154. “London Eye can see clearly now.”
155. “London, Eye’m a fan!”
156. “Eye came, Eye saw, Eye conquered.”
157. “Oh, Eye see you.”
158. “Keeping my London Eye on the prize.”
159. “Eye am never leaving London.”
160. “You’re the apple of my London Eye.”
161. “My relationship with London is eye-deal.“
162. “Eye am totally digging the London Eye.”
163. “Rocking out on eye-tunes while I wait to get on the London Eye.”
164. “Yeah, eyebrows through my pics of the London Eye.”
165. “Eye can’t believe the view from the London Eye.”
Best Big Ben Puns for Instagram
In case you are looking for captions for content shot of London’s other icon located across the bridge, these puns about Big Ben are super fun to use and share on social media.
166. “On a big ben-der.”
167. “Not worried about where I’m going, just enjoying where I’ve Big Ben.”
168. “Where have you Ben all my life?”
169. “Here I go to Big Ben on my own.”
170. “Feeling ticked off at Big Ben.”
171. “Oops, I did it Big Ben.”
172. “Enjoying hour day at Big Ben.”
173. “People employed near Big Ben tend to work around the clock.”
174. “It’s about time you saw Big Ben.”
175. “Big Ben must be a good cook since he’ll never forget the Thyme.”
176. “Saying hi to my bestie, Big Ben.”
Funny River Thames Puns for Instagram
And since a London landmarks list cannot be complete without mentioning the River Thames, here are some River Thames puns to uplift your pictures with some quick-witted and memorable captions.
177. “Having the Thames of my life.”
178. “I can’t be Thamed.”
179. “Watching the River Thames is one of the world’s most famous live streams.”
180. “The River Thames is pretty ex-stream.”
181. “It was the beast of Thames. It was the worst of Thames.”
182. “The Thames is just too mainstream for me.”
183. “There’s a big emergent-sea at the Thames!”
184. “That info about the Thames really isn’t current.”
185. “Why is everybody in London always nearly late? They’re always nearly on the Thames.”
Funny Puns about other London Landmarks
If you are looking for captions related to other London landmarks, here are some puns about Tower Bridge, Camden Market, Piccadilly Circus and more. These can be used for a wide variety of pictures across London.
186. “Soho in love with this city.”
187. “Chel-see you later London.”
188. “I love you a Dals-ton.”
189. “I Hack-need to get back to London.”
190. “The perfect West-end to the perfect trip.”
191. “This little piggy went to Borough Market.”
192. “Let’s cross that Tower Bridge when we get to it.”
193. “This little piggy went to Camden Market.”
194. “I can’t Stanmore of these jokes.”
195. “I keep my Stockwell up of puns.”
196. “You can always Bank on the Tube being on time.”
197. “Euston, we have a problem.”
198. “This is all just a Ruislip of the tongue.”
199. “I can never get a word in Edgware.”
200. “If any girl’s doll can think of a pun, Barbican.”
201. “Over here Turnham Green with envy.”
202. “The underground is a monument-al achievement.”
203. “The traffic in London is like a Piccadilly Circus.”
204. “I’d say these puns are awful but being such a Cockfosters bad feeling.”
Best Tea Puns for English High Tea Pictures
Are you looking to post pictures from a High Tea in London? These puns about tea and scones will make for a fun and humorous caption.
205. “The world looks brew-tiful on you.”
206. “Bad to the scone.”
207. “Call me on my scone.”
208. “Here’s the hot tea from London.”
209. “London is my cup of tea.”
210. “What a brew-tiful day!”
211. “Fifty Shades of Earl Grey.”
212. “Missing tea in London – you don’t know what you’ve got till it’s scone.”
213. “I’m bad to the scone.”
214. “I’m taking life one scone at a time.”
215. “Never met a scone I didn’t like.”
216. “What’s the secret of the Queen’s long life? Immortali-tea.”
217. “Everything I brew, I brew for you.”
218. “Let’s get this par-tea started.”
219. “The reali-tea is that I love a good brew.”
220. “Oolong live the queen!”
221. “Don’t be chai.”
222. “Varie-tea is the spice of life!”
223. “You should walk a Chamo-mile in my shoes.”
224. “Yeah, that’s what I was scone for.”
225. “Game of Scones.”
226. “Ugh, this scone is good for muffin.”
227. “This scone makes me feel a bit crumby.”
228. “Ugh, look at how grainy this photo of my scone is.”
229. “Did you know that Harry Potter’s favourite book is The Sorcerer’s Scone?”
230. “Killed two birds with one scone.”
Best London Weather Puns
It is no secret that the weather in England has a mind of its own. If you are looking to post hilarious captions about London weather, these puns may be exactly what you are after.
231. “In winter, London makes a great frost impression.”
232. “The cold here is snow joke.”
233. “I tried to grab a pic of London fog, but I mist.”
234. “About to enjoy the Showers of London.”
235. “Trying to make our way around London, but we don’t have the foggiest idea where we are!”
236. “The fog was so thick we mist our tour.”
237. “What do you call a negative fog? A pessi-mist.”
238. “A fog rolled into London and turned my car into gold! Must have been an alche-mist.”
239. “Why is England described as being a wet country? The Queen has reigned over it for decades.”
More London Travel Puns for Hilarious Instagram Captions
As if all the above mentioned London puns were not enough, I have got some more general London travel ones for you below. These will go well with most pictures from the city and help you make a great impression on socials.
241. “I am Lon-done.”
242. “LondON. LondOFF.”
243. “London like you.”
244. “Talk British to me.”
245. “On cloud wine in London.”
246. “I’m very pond of you, London.”
247. “Cheaper by the London.”
248. “Home is where the palace is.”
249. “Let’s namastay in London forever.”
250. “I’ve never met a palace I didn’t like.”
251. “The street art in London is very ad-mural-able.”
252. “This semester is going to be totally tube-ular.”
253. “The queen was really empress-ed with my girlfriend.”
254. “Mum’s the word on recent events at the palace.”
255. “The biggest mammal at the Palace is the Prince of Wales.”
256. “Visiting Buckingham Palace, but I’m having a bad heir day!”
257. “From now on, I’m posting on Instagram from across the pond.”
258. “What is London called when it doesn’t have any electricity? Londoff.”
259. “Many British people tend to make pour decisions after going to the pub.”
260. “Why are policemen in London so tall? Because they’re paid by the Yard!”
261. “Why are there no ducks on the pond at Buckingham palace? Because it doesn’t accept bills.”
262. “What did the man say to the Queen when she had allergies? Bless you, your sinus.”
London Quotes by Famous Figures
Would you rather use London quotes said by famous figures such as celebrities, authors and more? If so, here are some of my favourite popular London sayings.
263. “Italy and London are the only places where I don’t feel to exist on sufferance.” – E. M. Forster, English author.
264. “London is a splendid place to live in for those who can get out of it.” – George John Gordon Bruch, Lord Balfour of Burleigh.
265. “You’ll never find a cup of tea big enough or a book long enough to suit me.” – Winston Churchill, British statesman, soldier, writer, and Prime Minister.
266. “Oh, I love London Society! It is entirely composed now of beautiful idiots and brilliant lunatics. Just what Society should be.” – Oscar Wilde, poet and playwright.
267. “In London, love and scandal are considered the best sweeteners of tea.” – John Osborne, English playwright, actor and screenwriter.
268. “One thing about London is that when you step out into the night, it swallows you.” – Sebastian Faulks, British novelist.
269. “I don’t know what London’s coming to — the higher the buildings the lower the morals.” – Noël Coward, English playwright.
270. “The English mist is always at work like a subtle painter, and London is a vast canvas prepared for the mist to work on.” – Arthur Symons, British poet.
271. “London, thou art the flower of cities all! Gemme of all joy, jasper of jocundities.” – William Dunbar, Scottish Poet.
272. “As to London we must console ourselves with the thought that if life outside is less poetic than it was in the days of old, inwardly its poetry is much deeper.” – Goldwin Smith, Historian.
273. “London’s like a monster with one hundred arms as wide as it’s long. It’s noisy. It’s dirty. It’s everything. You’ll see.” – Kevin Crossley, English translator, author and poet.
Beautiful London Quotes from Books and Poems
How about some London quotes from books and poems? These are apt if you are looking for an engaging caption that is both inspiring and meaningful.
274. “It is my belief, Watson, founded upon my experience, that the lowest and vilest alleys in London do not present a more dreadful record of sin than does the smiling and beautiful countryside.” – Arthur Conan Doyle, Sherlock Holmes.
275. “I have admired the romantic elegance of the Place de la Concorde in Paris, have felt the mystic message from a thousand glittering windows at sunset in New York, but to me the view of the London Thames from our hotel window transcends them all for utilitarian grandeur – something deeply human.” – Charlie Chaplin, My Autobiography.
276. “And marbled clouds go scudding by…The many-steepled London sky.” – John Betjeman, Selected Poems.
277. “London created the Underground, and the Underground created London.” – John Lanchester, What We Talk About When We Talk About The Tube: The District Line.
278. “London is a friend whom I can leave knowing without doubt that she will be the same to me when I return, tomorrow or forty years hence, and that, if I do not return, she will sing the same song to inheritors of my happy lot in future generations.” – Stella Benson, This Is The End.
279. “The City seems so much more in earnest: its business, its rush, its roar are such serious things, sights and sounds. The City is getting its living – the West-End but enjoying its pleasure.” – Charlotte Bronte, Villette.
280. “I long to go through the crowded streets of your mighty London, to be in the midst of the whirl and rush of humanity, to share its life, its change, its death, and all that makes it what it is.” – Bram Stoker, Dracula.
281. “The human moths about the light, Dash and cling close in dazed delight, And burn and laugh, the world and wife, For this is London, this is life!” – Richard Le Gallienne, A Ballad of London.
Famous London Quotes from Songs
Lastly, since so many songs are set in London, here are some of my favourite London quotes from popular songs. These will make for a short and sweet caption.
282. “You know I love a London boy.” – Taylor Swift, London Boy
283. “Waterloo Sunset…I am in Paradise.” – The Kinks, Waterloo Sunset
284. “A rainy night in Soho.” – The Pogues, A Rainy Night in Soho
285. “A foggy day in London town.” – Ella Fitzgerald and Louis Armstrong, A Foggy Day
286. “They say home is where the heart is but God, I love the English.” – Taylor Swift, London Boy
287. “London, London, London town…You can toughen up or get thrown around.” – Kano, London Town
288. “Maybe it’s because I’m a Londoner…That I love London so…Maybe it’s because I’m a Londoner…That I think of her wherever I go…I get a funny feeling inside of me…Just walking up and down…Maybe it’s because I’m a Londoner…That I love London town.” – Flanagan & Allen, Maybe It’s Because I’m a Londoner
289. “I swear to god I heard the earth inhale…Moments before it spat its rain down on me…I swear to God in this light and on this evening… London’s become the most beautiful thing I’ve seen.” – The Editors, In This Light And On This Evening
290. “So how can you tell me you’re lonely, And say for you that the sun don’t shine? Let me take you by the hand and lead you through the streets of London…I’ll show you something to make you change your mind.” – Ralph McTell, Streets of London
That’s a wrap on the best London quotes and captions from me! I hope you liked reading this post and found something fun and useful for your London pictures. I know how difficult it can be sometimes to describe one of the most visited places in Europe.
In case you have any other quotes about London that you would like me to add to this list, then please leave a comment below or DM me on Instagram. I always love hearing from you!
LIKE THIS POST? PIN IT FOR LATER!